lundi 3 décembre 2012

A puppy is never for Christmas

Bonjour mes amis It's been a long time since I updated my blog. But today on ze Twitter, I read a post by a very nice human bean @PeterEgan6 warning all you human beans about the dangers of buying Christmas puppies without seeing where they are bred and, most of all, seeing them with their maman. He showed an article from ze BBC about poor little puppies coming from Ireland where they 'ave been bred in conditions most terrible, and they are very sick, with many illnesses. So I wanted to tell you about ze dog ma maitresse got for me last Christmas. Those of you who have read my little blog will know that I came from the dog shelter, where I was ver' ver' frightened and ver' unhappy. People think that shelters are full only of ze difficult dogs zat nobody wants, but it is not true. Ma maitresse thought I might be happy to have another dog for company, to help me be less frightened all the time. So she looked on her computer and one day she said we were going to Gerzat. Now Gerzat is the shelter I came from so of course I was worried that perhaps she had decided to take me back there. But when we got there, she left me in the van and went inside and a little while later, she came back with another dog! I could see at once that it was another bordaire collee, like me. But it was a fi-fille. And she was ver' pretty, with such a beautiful coloured coat. Maitresse asked if I would let her come and live with us. I wasn't too sure at first - I'm afraid of other dogs because I was so unhappy in the shelter where there were so many of them and I hated the noise all the time. And I never really learned to play. Maitresse said she was called Fleur, was only 18 months old and it was the second time in her short life she had been in the shelter. The first time she had been found straying, with no identification, so she was taken in and rehomed with a young couple. Then they split up and neither of them would take Fleur, so there she was again, back in the shelter. We brought her home and once we got into the garden and could run round together, Fleur asked me if I wanted to play, but I didn't know how. So she started to teach me, and very soon we were having a wonderful time, running round and round in circles. She was ver' fast, I had to run ver' fast to catch up. I was a leetle bit jealous to begin with, but she is now my ver' best friend, after ma maitresse. She was always clean in the house, she is ver' nice with people and helps me to understand they are not all bad. She loves to learn and is ver' clever - we both go to dog school together and are top of our classes. So you see, mes amis, the dogs homes are full of lovely dogs with no problems who are just there through no fault of their own. So please, please - don't buy these poor sick little puppies that are bred on these terrible puppy farms. You will only condemn more dogs to years of terrible suffering. Please consider adopting a dog instead, like me or Fleur. There are lots of young dogs like us who would be so very grateful for a new start in life. So here are
some pictures of Fleur teaching me to play. I hope they will encourage you to go and have a look in your nearest shelter.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire